He was denied his request for a raise? There are many reasons why your employer may not be that, because an increase, including concerns about the performance, time and route of administration or the total related financial health of the company. Discover ten of the most common obstacles that prevent you from a raise.
10 reasons why you have not received Levante,
1. Bad Timing: Although not a marriage proposal and asked for a raise is an important issue.
It is the key! Have you applied for an increase in June, when the general policy of the company is to make decisions at the end of the year? I thought you might be asked also the beginning of his term, or make your inquiry shortly after the company had a memory, poor quarterly report or other bad news. This not only matter of time: all bad day, the manager should not affect your raise, a meeting could be scheduled in a stressful day the reason your application was rejected.
Next steps: if increases distributed locations staff or colleagues in general, and the time of the meeting time for low stress of the day and the week. See also: How many times you can ask for a raise?
2. Lack of corporate resources: Sometimes the reason why you do not get a raise is, is not for you at all together. It is quite possible that your company does not flush with money, and just do not have room in the budget that you give a raise.
Next steps: What is the importance of the relaunch of you? And it seems that the company's finances will turn around? The answer to these questions will determine whether they stay or use it as a signal to start a job search.
3. Lack of performance expectations, or simply described the work in your job description? In many jobs, a raise, employees have to go beyond the basic requirements. If your work is competent but not exceptional, this may be the reason why you can not get the increase.
Next steps: to your crib, you talk about what she wants to see you. Think about how to make an ordinary employee in exceptional cases. Keep a list of your most important accomplishments and all the praise it, and mark the next time you ask for a raise.
4. the foundations do not put: On a day of work per day, a trumpet all the talents, even the most mundane? Or vice versa, you are discreet about their triumphs? You have to prove why you deserve an increase in the time of application must be created, but also to lay the foundations in advance. While it's good to be self-promotion, be careful about excessive self-promotion or outshine their counterparts who earn that work against your request.
Next steps: In one-on-one meetings with your manager, and e-mail, mark their achievements. Be careful not too much to draw: he wants neither too small nor too boastful.
5. personal appeal: For most companies, the content is a straight calculation based on reviews, geographical considerations and the capacity of staff. Rent increase, concerns with the family, etc. - If you offer quotes an increase in his personal life factors - The administrator can feel friendly. But that does not mean that you have presented a valid argument for a higher salary. The same logic applies to claims arising from the content of a colleague.
Next steps: Configure your application to increase the value they bring to society - and not detailed its own costs and needs, check the forms that you have to save money or added to the sale of the company.
6. Go Processing: Use non-professional attire, and give the reasoning incoherent, hiking or outside sleeve raises his unimpressive. Even if your company has to look not much of a dress code, it is always important, and to act professionally at the time.
Next steps: themes of the plan and rehearse in advance. Dress to impress: this is a good excuse to leave your interview outfit.
7. You are a difficult employee may sound harsh, but if you have a challenge to work with, presses on the sessions, or frequent complainants are a problem for your manager, who can not be ignored his superiors may deserve increased his salary.
Next Steps: Evaluate your attitude. How you present yourself in meetings and day opportunities around the office? Consider whether their complaints and criticisms to overshadow the good work.
8. Employers feared a wave of applications: Many companies may be afraid to enter increases, as the granting of a request could to lead others.
Next Steps: This puts you in a difficult position. You can mention that you be discreet about your salary increase and also the point that the increase should be judged on its own merits. However, if this is the response you receive, it may be a sign that it begin a good time to look for a job.
. 9 Your treatment is already the industry standard: If you do not research on the typical salary range of position before you have a raise, the managers may from the application, arguing that because of the amount you get it deserves.
Next steps: do salary research on sites like Glassdoor.com, Payscale.com or Salary.com. See more about how to do research.
10. They did not ask: While it is quite possible that an increase will appear on your pay check before you ask, it will often be the case. If you feel that you deserve a raise, ask.
Next Steps Read about asking for a raise, and schedule some time with your supervisor.
More memories: Lifting Next Steps If your application is rejected | Top asking 10 do's and don'ts for a raise | Letter Sample Request Levante